Welcome to application system of KAIST Admissions. Please read the following guideline carefully before beginning application.
▶▶ Application Guideline for 2020 Spring
As a candidate, it is your responsibility to know the application requirements, to submit the necessary materials by the deadline, and to monitor the status of application on the website.
|On-line Application |
Fri., August 23rd, 2019, 10:00 A.M.
- Fri., September 20th, 2019, 5:00 P.M.
|Document Submission Deadline |
- Printed Application and Support Material
submitted via post
|Until Fri., September 27th, 2019, 6:00 P.M.|
Arrival Check of Submitted Documents
|Fri., August 30th, 2019 - Fri., September 27th, 2019|
Application Review and Scholarship Review Committee
- Respective departments will contact applicants
individually if an interview is necessary
- Please check your email on regular intervals.
Mon., October 21st, 2019 - Tue., December 3rd, 2019
|Notification of Final Result ||Fri., December 6th, 2019, 5:00 P.M.|
|First Day of Class||Mon. March 2nd, 2020|
The timeline in this table is based on local time of South Korea (KST) and is subject to change without any prior
notice. Materials with printed application form must be received by KAIST admissions office by the official due date
(September 27th). Late application will not be considered.
※ KAIST receives recommendation letters electronically. Once you complete application by payment, each recommender will
receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation through an online process. KAIST's
recommendation system will be open until September 27th. Complete your application as early as possible so that you
provide your recommenders with adequate time to complete before September 27th.
※ Two letters of recommendation should remain strictly undisclosed to applicants and should not be requested any reading or
disclosure of information given in the letters.
※ The application fee is USD 80 or KRW 80,000. Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing application
form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by the applicants. Please note that application fee is
non-refundable and you cannot modify application form once you pay the application fee.
※ Documents that are sent to the Admissions Office CANNOT be returned. Most universities will provide additional original
documents, for a fee. If you will need your documents again, please ensure that you have more than one copy before making
Notice to collection and use of personal information
Pursuant to the Article 24-2 (1) i of the Korean Personal Information Protection Act and the Article 73 (1) ii of the Enforcement Decree of the Korean Higher Education Act, personal information is collected and used without the consent of the data subject.
- The purpose of processing of personal information : student selection
- Personal information to be collected : passport number (or equivalent national identification number) and/or
foreigner registration number
- Relevant law : Article 73 (1) ii of the Enforcement Decree of the Korean Higher Education Act
(Handling of Personally Identifiable Information)
- The period when personal information is retained and used : 5 years
Consent to the collection and use of personal information
The KAIST graduate admissions team observes the Personal Information Protection Act and guides you through the collection and use of the private information as follows:
- Our team shall collect minimum personal information lawfully and fairly to the extent necessary for the student selection
purpose and shall not process beyond such purpose or provide such information to a third party.
- Our team shall take such managerial, physical and technical safety measures as encryption of personal information and
access control to implement the duty of safeguards specified by the Personal Information Protection Act.
1. The purpose of collection and use of personal information
- Student selection
- Creation of school register and verification of academic record for the admitted students, orientation for new admitted
2. Personal information to be collected
- Application data (program, major), applicant (name, nationality, photo, passport number (or equivalent national
identification number) and/or foreigner registration number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, refund bank
account, military service record), academic record, English Proficiency Test score, work experience record
3. The period when personal information is retained and used : 5 years
You are entitled to deny the consent to the collection and use of your personal information. However, your completion and submission of the application will be restricted if you refuse to consent.
Any person who resorts to corrupt means to gain admission such as making a false declaration on submitted
documents (required documents and other proof of excellence), or who fails to satisfy admission requirements
after submitting the application may have the offer of admission withdrawn.
* You must agree in order to proceed to the next step.