Welcome to application system for KAIST Admissions.
Please read the guideline carefully before beginning application. As a candidate, it is your responsibility to know the application requirements, to submit the necessary materials by the deadlines, and to monitor the status of application on the website. After submitting your online application, you cannot make changes to the application.
Timetable of application process
|On-line Application |
- Application Fee : 80,000 KRW or 80 USD
December 11th, 2018, 10:00 A.M.
~ January 2nd, 2019, 5:00 P.M.
|Document Submission Deadline * |
- Printed Application and Supporting Materials should be submitted via post. Recommendation letters should arrive to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
|Until January 8th, 2019, 5:00 P.M.|
Arrival Check of Submitted Documents
|December 24th, 2018 ~ January 8th, 2019|
|Application Review and Scholarship Review - Respective departments will contact applicants individually if an interview is necessary.|
January 21st ~ March 5th, 2019
|Notification of Final Result ||March 8th, 2019, 5:00 P.M.|
|First Day of Class||September 2nd, 2019|
* The timeline in this table is based on local time in South Korea and is subject to change without any prior notice.
* Materials with printed application form must be received by KAIST Admissions Office by the official due date (January 8th 2019).
* Two recommendation letters are required. (Click here for KAIST form) You will ask your referee personally to send recommendation letter directly to email@example.com until January 8th 2019. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your referee with adequate time to complete before the deadline.
* If you prefer to send recommendation letters in paper form along with other supporting materials, please make sure they arrive to Admissions Office by January 8th 2019.
* Late application and supporting materials will not be considered.
Any person who resorts to corrupt means to gain admission such as making a false declaration on submitted documents (required documents and other proof of excellence), or who fails to satisfy admission requirements after submitting the application may have the offer of admission withdrawn.
* You must agree in order to proceed to the next step.